[Name] sighed again looking out the window. It was snowy and the air was calm, very calm. Nobody was walking for the streets, playing around or talking out the doors
it was too cold. [Name] was a quite cheerful girl and had lots of friends, but that day she was alone. She locked the door and turned off the phone, because she didn't want to see nobody. Her parents were quite worried for her, but they understood: it was 18th December, the birthday of her closest friend Gilbert. Well, it would be his birthday
if he was still alive. The selfish yet brave boy dead in war years ago, leaving his brother and his few friends alone with broker heart. [Name] was particularly sad that day: she knew all Gilbert's qualities and flaws, even thought he always said he was flawless.
Maybe it wasn't humble, polite or kind with everyone, but she loved his company and she hated when he went to war. "I want to fight for my awesome country!" He shouted with enthusiasm, while she was trying to not cry. "What are those tears, [Name]? My friends must be strong! I promise I'll return
you like flowers?
[Name] nodded, still sad. "Perfect! I'll bring to you a beautiful flower
a violet. Come here." He hugged her for the first time. His captain called him and he ran beside him, grinning. "I'll bring an awesome violet to you, [Name]! Don't cry!"
[Name] never had that violet, and Gilbert never returned home. He died in the battlefield like a hero. She putted a violet on his gravestone. "This
this grew with my tears for you, Gil" she cried.
Suddenly she had an idea. She putted on her coat and scarf. She unlocked the door and her dad smiled at her relieved. Aww, dear, are you feeling better?
- Dad, drive me to the cemetery. I want to
Gilbert's birthday with him.
Her dad nodded understanding. When they arrived to the entrance of the cemetery he asked: - Do you want me to leave you alone?
She nodded. Then I'll wait here. He replied.
[Name] walked into the dark place. She knew where to search, but strangely his memorial tablet wasn't in the usual place. "Maybe they moved it" she thought, but she couldn't find it. A hour later she eventually gave up and sat on a bench, sobbing. She lost her closest friend and his memorial too. She only had her memories, and they wouldn't last forever. Hey, [Name]! What the hell, are you crying or what?
- D-Dad? She stuttered. I'm not your dad, stupid! I'm not that old! How can't you recognize me? I'm one of a kind!
[Name]'s heart skipped a beat. "That voice
" she raised her look to see a large, sly grin, beautiful yet strange white hair and those red eyes, so loved and never forgotten.
- Gi-Gi-Gilbert! We-Weren't you dead?
He laughed his loud laugh. I can't die forever! Who dies forever?
- That's because they can't live without the awesome me and they prefer to die!
Some years ago, she would slap him. But now, she only was stunned and happy. Really happy.
- [Name], today's my birthday! Did you bring me a present?
She laughed and hugged him tightly. Just don't disappear again, you fool! You scared me so much. And you closed with wars.
- Kesesese, got it! Now wait, I have something for you. He rummaged for something in his pocket and pulled out a violet. I promised it, do you remember?
She opened her eyes wide. Her heart was racing and her trembling hands grabbed that violet. Gilbert
you didn't forget about me
all those years
- How could I? You're the only woman I can stand! Now let's go out from this depressing place. And give me my bloody birthday present!
what do you want, Gil?
- Try to guess, dear he smiled naughtily. A moment later, you both were red-faced; you for embarrassment, and him for your punch in his face.